Jr. Naturalist Program Coordinator
The Jr. Naturalist Program is an ongoing NCES environmental education program designed to teach children the fundamentals of natural science in a fun and engaging, outdoor environment.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for developing environmental education curriculum for two (2) camps, aimed at youth ages 5 – 11. The first camp will take place during March Break 2018 (March 19th – 30th, 2018), and the second will take place throughout July and August in 2018.
Please note this is a contract position.
- Duties include:
- Delivery of the Jr. Naturalist March Break 2018 program, which will consist of 10 days worth of programming for youth ages 5-11.
- Delivery of the Jr. Naturalist Summer 2018 program, which will consist of two (2) weekly camps on Tuesdays and Wednesdays throughout July and August, for a total of 18 camps. Tuesday camps will focus on youth ages 5-7, while Wednesday camps will focus on youth ages 8-11.
- Program planning, design and curriculum development
- Program promotion, development/expansion, advertising and participant recruitment with assistance from the Executive Director (particularly regarding the participant registration process)
- Liaise with community partners
- Conduct budget tasks associated with the project, keeping a meticulous record of all expenditures
- Procurement of materials
- Ongoing communication with the Executive Director
- Final reporting on programs after completion
- To work within a total budget of $5000.00 for wages, $1450.00 for materials and $500 for marketing. It is estimated that the wages will be roughly allocated as follows:
$1800 for the 2 week March Break Program
$3200 for the Summer Program (2 x weekly camps for specific age groups)
Please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume, and any questions to [email protected]
Application closing date is January 10, 2018, and expected start date will be January 19, 2018.